Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What I liked, disliked, and learned

My favorite thing about this class was the blogging. I enjoyed thinking about concepts through my own lens, and there never seemed to be to many restrictions on the way we had to discuss. Three times a week was great because it forced me to continue to be engaged throughout the week whereas it could have been easy to spend one day on this class and then forget about it until the following week. My least favorite thing was probably responding to other people’s journals. This felt forced, and I didn’t always have much to say. I think it would be great if we could find another way to connect with the other students in our class if that was the point. All and all I learned more about watching, observing, and identifying different types of communication in real life settings. I also learned about how I react to those types of communication.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I also enjoyed the fact that we didn't have restrictions on what we could say. It was pretty much what we thought about it. Although, I did enjoy reading other people's blogs but did find it hard to find a way to respond without making it about me.

    I am also not really used to this type of class setting but I'm sure it will get easier the more I do it. I also enjoy the work we did in the class and was glad that we wwere able to apply it to real world settings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like a typical class I felt open, albeit guided, discussion was quite beneficial. I thought the blogs were a good method to weigh in on our interpretation of the weeks readings. I too however felt somewhat forced in the requirements to respond to three blogs a week. It seems to me that if someone has posted something that sparked our interest we should feel free to respond, and likewise, if there wasn't a real reason to respond we should not have to force ourselves to comment just for the sake of commenting. I would also add that the minimum word requirement were a bit strange. If one can complete a thought in less than the required words, then more power to them. It all seemed a bit like being baby sat.

    ReplyDelete